How to Generate More number of Backlinks
While the number of backlinks created is very important for ecommerce companies, creating something that is worth linking is equally important. Following are some of the tactics which online marketers can use to build backlinks.
Using User-Generated Content to Build Backlinks
- Building communities is a way that brands can use to gain loyal customers and also build backlinks. Although this approach takes time an effort, once a brand community is a built it can be a great source of backlinking.
- Marketers can add a discussion form in their websites. This will set a stage for customers to give their opinions and in the process get them close and also add great content to the website and build backlinks.
- Brands can establish links between their customer community and bigger communities like quora.
- Marketers must provide widgets to customers who want to embed the details of the marketers’ products on their websites.
- The URL of the products must be easily accessible so that users can share it on their social media pages and in the forums of which they are a part.
Capturing Audience Attention to Generate Backlinks
Capturing the attention of the customers is a huge challenge for marketers today. Unless there is something catchy customers will not be attracted to a website. Customers can be attracted by any of the following ways
- A brand can become famous overnight by launching a humorous or fascinating PR stunt which can be in the form of an interactive video or an event or a simple landing page. f the PR event is online the company must build a landing page for it. Such PR links immediately gain attention on social media sites and gather a large number of backlinks.
- Launching unique products on the website also is a way to instantly attract customers and build backlinks.
- Customer craze for seasonal events like Valentine’s Day or Mom’s Days can be used by brands for their advantage. Brands can optimize their websites and build dedicated seasonal landing pages on these days in order to fetch maximum number of backlinks.
- Brands must keenly watch the trending topics and Google Trends and if they find any interesting trend on which they can ‘play around’, they must immediately create a content around it. This method is called newsjacking.
Building Backlinks by Utilizing Giveaways
- Marketers must publicize on their websites any donations made to charity or to social causes. A special landing page must be created for the cause and customers must be informed about these donations through newsletters.
- Customers love to get free products. These giveaways build customer trust and increase sales of the business. Brands can gather backlinks when they give these giveaway offers.
Building Backlinks using Content Marketing
- Marketers can create blogs after understanding what the target audience wants to read. Blogs can be used to attract a lot of backlinks. By providing interesting information, blogs can also be used to build customer communities around the business.
- Merely focusing on creating content to market the products is not enough. Marketers must instead create content from which the audience can learn something, for instance, guides.
- Marketers can also start a podcast based on what the audience might enjoy hearing.
Creating content that immediately attract audience’s attention is the key to creating powerful and more number of backlinks.